Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Open-ended Educational Related Thoughts

For the past week, I have had so much going on! There has been many assignments due for the Masters program. On top of that, I started teaching summer school in Irvine for 27 kindergarteners. Watching that many four and five year olds is hard work! I arrive at the school site around 7:30am until noon, then have class from 1pm until 7pm. It has been a bit overwhelming trying to juggle planning and preparing my lessons as well as trying to make it to class on time, being attentive and engaged while in class, and staying awake at night trying to complete all the assignments which are due. I wish I had weekends to spend doing my classwork, but unfortunately I have personal reasons to why I can not. This packed schedule of mine helps me practice managing my time as efficiently as possible. =)
In class, I have been learning a lot which I can apply to the classroom. In EDUC207, I learned a lot from reading many research articles about basic math facts. Basic math fact fluency is critical to learn and something that all elementary school teachers should be trained to teach successfully. The professor is the creator of the FactWise Program, and at the school I use to work for, I was the FactWise teacher. I like learning about the research behind FactWise because I can relate to all that is being taught by thinking back to my experiences. In EDUC240, I have been learning so much about Google Docs, blogging, and so much more which I feel is very relative to the classroom setting. In the past few classes, I have learned so much and I am excited to see what else I can learn which can be applied in the classroom setting. 
Although my life is currently hectic with all that is going on, I am glad that I have a job, and that I am able to gain knowledge which can be directly applied to my profession. 

No comments:

Post a Comment